Tech Lead (Supervisor: Dr. David Raffelt)
As a Tech Lead, I was responsible for the development of an internal software product that provides solutions for Fugro's data management and data lineage issues. As part of this role, I was also managing up to four innovation engineers (Team Lead), and responsible for stakeholder engagement and prioritisation of the product backlog (Product Owner).
- Stack: Go Express (Typescript) backend, React front-end
Team Lead (Supervisor: Dr. David Raffelt)
As a Team Lead, I was managing a team of four data scientists and innovation engineers to write Cloud Automation software that delivered value to our clients. I was responsible for providing technical leadership to the team and ensuring Agile best practices were utilised by the team (Scrum Master).
- Stack: Julia / Python (numpy, opencv, tensorflow) backend, AWS Lambda and AWS Fargate integration
Innovation Engineer (Supervisor: Dr. David Raffelt)
As an Innovation Engineer, I was responsible for developing software and/or algorithms to support Fugro products, data processing automation and client services delivery.
- API design (Golang, PostgreSQL 10+)
- Implementing software best practices: automation pipelines (CI/CD), continuous testing and deployment
PhD Student (Supervisor: Prof. Alan E. Mark)
- Software Engineering I have written code for more than 30 projects, some of them open source and available on my Github. They total tens of thousands of lines of code and span areas ranging from graph matching to combinatorial optimisation.
- Communication I have presented my PhD work at conferences in multiple countries: Germany, The Netherlands, Switzerland.
- Project Management and Collaboration I have led multiple international collaborative projects: Bennion Brian (LLNL, USA), Engler Martin (HHU, Germany).
- Writing I have co-authored multiple scientific papers and wrote a thesis (120 pages and counting).
- Data Analysis I have analysed large datasets in search of patterns.
Research Assistant (Supervisor: Prof. Alan E. Mark)
- Database Refactoring: Shrinking the database by 95% by moving files from the database to the file system.
- MVC Refactoring: Refactoring of the code to comply to the Model - View - Controller paradigm. Heavy use of Jinja2 templates
- Implementation of a RESTful API: Both as a way to integrate new features as well as standardising old ones.
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO): Implementation of a SEO strategy with Google Analytics, tracking of download and topology generations with custom-labeled events
Experimentally-guided coarse-grained RNA folding (Supervisor: Prof. Samuela Pasquali)
SAXS-CG, an Ab-Initio Small-Angle X-ray Scattering (SAXS) profile prediction tool written in Fortran
Properties of Model Regnum-Specific Lipid Bilayers (Supervisor: Dr. David Poger)
- Advanced shell scripting (
awk) and data visualisation (
gnuplot), Python programming (Quantum Mechanical output text parser)
Introduction to Protein Dynamics (Supervisor: Dr. Sophie Barbe)
- Discovery and use of scientific software: Unix Environment, Shell Scripting (